Saturday, February 11, 2006

Adventures in Texturing

Well, I finally got around to putting the texture on the ceiling in the nursery. Lessons learned? A few:

1) Don't make a vaulted ceiling the first attempt at texturing.
2) Use a wall-to-wall drop cloth (I did). "Goobers" went everywhere.
3) Tape off and cover the walls (see #2).
4) Angled ceilings suck (refer to #1)
5) The mixing of the mud will go faster if you spend the money on a "beater" and a drill to fit it
6) Mike is truly a master and his site (and advice) are worth a heck of a lot more than what he charges.

It took me two hours to do the room (about 12 X 12)....and, man, was I sweatin' when I was done. I had to forego the use of the poles and do everything by hand and ladder due to the angled ceilings. It looks AWESOME!

Mrs. Puff was unimpressed........but my kids were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home