Monday, February 27, 2006

Meet an "Islamaphobe"

I am against the purchase of American port by Dubai Ports World. I have a real problem with any Middle East company owning anything in America, quite frankly. Is it because I am a racist? No. It is based on what I have seen of the countries in the Middle East.

In my 38 years of life, here is what I know of the Middle East (and Middle Easterners) going back as far as I can remember:

OPEC
Iranian Hostage Crisis
Marine Barracks Bombing in Beirut
Lockerbie
Achille Lauro
Marine Col. Higgins
Kobar Towers


....and dozens upon dozens of images of Presidents being burned in effigy, and the American flag being burned, and crowds chanting "death to America". No, I'm not creating more links. If you haven't seen these same images over the past 38 years then you've been asleep. And if you can't think of other acts of violence perpetrated by MEs against Americans then you've been asleep in a bubble.

And what do we do? We send them money. Billions of dollars worth of aid every freakin' year. We send our military on humanitarian missions to help them during natural disasters....

And there are actually some people out there saying we need to prove to THEM we aren't bigots! That we need to prove that Americans do not hate everyone in the Middle East!?!?!?!

Puh-leez!

If anyone needs to prove they don't hate, it is the people in the Middle East.

And until they do, they can forget about ownership of anything in the US as far as I am concerned.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Lone Ranger said...

Are you against the People's Liberation Army of China owning the operations at Long Island? Bill Clinton certainly didn't seem concerned when he signed an executive order letting them take over.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Puff said...

I am indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home